Re: Is This a Flicker?(and is this a Downy?)

Subject: Re: Is This a Flicker?(and is this a Downy?)
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:35:20 -0000
Thanks Antonio.
I saw the adult woodpecker from not to far away but all I can say for
sure is it was larger than a sparrow, smaller than a robbin, and black
and white with a bit of red at the top.
I agree with you, it is probably not a Downy. After flipping through
Sibley's and Birds of Oregon (Marshall's)I have changed my ming about
either Downy or Hairy.
Now, I believe they were Williamson's sappsuckers.=20
-John Hartog

--- In  antonio celis