Re: Adobe Audition combine two audio files?

Subject: Re: Adobe Audition combine two audio files?
From: umashankar <>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
the most accurate way would be to open the first file,
and then "open append" (which is in the file commands)
the second file. it will be precisely joined to the
first file, and if you had originally split one file
into two, it will reconstruct the original. you can
then save with a new file name.

umashankar

--- Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> Donald Weiser wrote:
>
> >I use Adobe Audition (thanks to the group's
> recommendations).  Let's
> >say I have two sound files (mp3) that I would like
> to seamlessly link
> >to make one longer sound file and save it with a
> new name.  I looked
> >and looked in the manual how to do this but cannot
> find the
> >command(s).
> >Is it as easy as coping one file and pasting it at
> the beginning or
> >end of the other?
>
> Overlap them a tiny bit (50 to 500ms) and crossfade.
>
> If you created the files originally, work with the
> original
> full-resolution (.wav) files and then make a new mp3
> of your result.
> It's best not to decode and re-encode perceptual
> coded files. Not
> that it won't work, there's just a little loss of
> quality that way
> that should be avoided if possible.
>
> -Dan
>

> "Microphones are not ears,