Re: Sound Devices 722 question

Subject: Re: Sound Devices 722 question
From: "doctorvandermast" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:36:17 -0000
--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:

> Unusual, I need some more clues. Did you select
> poly or mono format? How are you transferring
> them? I.E. dragging individual sound files, the
> whole "soundev" folder or the whole dated folder?
> Are the two file names, character for character,
> exactly the same?  What happens when you
> toss/empty trash the unrecognized format file?
> Does it have the same amount of data/file size?
> Rob D.
>
>   =3D =3D =3D

I'm dragging files. Files I'm dragging from the 722 to the Mac transfer and=
 work
fine.  Files I'm dragging from the Mac to the 722 transfer and work fine to=
o.  It's
just that, for each file dragged,  an extra second file is created that app=
ears in
the 722's directory.  The "extra" filenames always begin with a period.

The extra files are invisible to the Mac finder but the 722 sees them in it=
's
directory.