Re: California forest and desert locations

Subject: Re: California forest and desert locations
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:23:08 -0700
Thanks, Dan. No CDs w/ dunesong, yet. Maybe in the next series if I
can get it off the ground.

The nearest example is a recording of the Hubbard Glacier (Alaska)
moving over the terrain that can be heard on WHALES, WOLVES AND
EAGLES OF GLACIER BAY. As far as I know, it is the first and only
recording of actual glacial movement. It was recorded by climbing
down into a crevasse in the middle of the damned thing (not
recommended), boring a large hole at the base, and dropping a
hydrophone into the water that filled the hole and crevasse. As the
glacial mass moved, creating the moraine, I was able to record (using
a TCD D-10 Pro II) the signal that was measured down to 5Hz.

Bernie

--
Wild Sanctuary
P. O. Box 536