Request for wing flutter, night flight-calls audio

Subject: Request for wing flutter, night flight-calls audio
From: "feith" <>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:46:34 -0000
Greetings,
I have been asked to make a soundscape for an art exhibit dealing
mostly with night migration of birds titled "Starry Transit"
http://www.madisonartcenter.org/exhibitions/
It will be up for a couple of months inside an old astronomical
observatory here in Madison, Wisconsin.

My request is for sounds of wingbeats...the sound I tried to record
(but failed) was of a huge flock of blackbirds dispersing. Maybe
somebody in this list has recorded the sound of birds taking off en
mass...bird calls in background is OK, but not too many Canada Geese,
please!

Also, I could use night flight calls (Bill Evans is already helping)
and wing-sounds of birds that migrate at night (I have some Tundra
Swan recordings but could use more). I can filter out noise, if
necessary.

Although I can't compensate contributors (myself included), I will
send my CD (Bird Song Ear Training Guide) to whoever helps (and there
will be credits). The final audio will be a loop around 10 minutes
long, 4 channels, and will be a mix of real night-chips and flight
sounds--half realistic and educational and half just pleasing to the
ear (and hopefully evocative of the magic of bird night-navigation)

If interested, send audio clips to me at  or mail a
CD to the address below.

Thanks,
John Feith
1225 East Mifflin St.