Edirol UA-30 and HI-MD

Subject: Edirol UA-30 and HI-MD
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:33:11 -0400
From: "Matt Denton" <>

> Hi mac users,
>
> This may have already been discussed earlier but does anyone know of any=

> compatibility issues between a USB-midi device like the UA-30, Sony's HI-=
MD and
> OSX??

I use a UA-30 with my G4 and OSX. No issues, requires no additional
software, runs perfectly. I primarily use it's optical digital input
from my portadisc. It also supplies output for a set of powered
speakers, my headphones and a Sony MD deck. The Sony deck feeds it's
analog output back to the G4 via the UA-30 too.

I don't know about HI-MD. I believe it's output is encoded and requires
Sony's (windows) software.