Re: 722 vs PMD 671

Subject: Re: 722 vs PMD 671
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:06:50 +0200 (MEST)
Hi Rob,

Yes, there is some additional hum that originates from electrical devices
(or electrical wires) in my office. I operated both recordes from their
batteries and switched off the devices that were not needed.

However, at least on the waveform (and spectrogram) display one should be
able to distinguish between the periodic 100 Hz (2 * 50 Hz) hum and the
random (brad-band) noise components originating from the microphones /
preamplifiers.

My office is not acoustically isolated, So there is some noise from the
street and aircrafts fying over. Some of the higher centered hiss that can
be found even on the dummy resistor test section of the SD722 file seems to
originate from the recorder itself. Such noise components are usually cause=
by the digital section of a recorder (square wave signals that are required
for converting the low battery voltage into the higher supply voltages for
the preamplifiers and phantom power).

Regards,
Raimund

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++