US bird id? and a 10 cent bell

Subject: US bird id? and a 10 cent bell
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:36:26 -0000
A tracker friend of mine has been working hard to learn the sounds of
everything and sometimes sends me files to help id.  I enjoy that as
it is always a fun quiz and I am learning as well.  This one sounds to
horse for anything I know.  Probably something easy I am overlooking.

What is this central MN, woodland, tree top, May, bird? 200kb download
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/unk05052BM.mp3
Can anyone help him?

And just for fun:
I toss dimes to bats. They catch the dime and then drop it.  This
sound is the bat catching the dime and then the dime hitting old
asphault. Sample rate adjusted from 96khz to 6 khz or in other words
the sound is  1/16th pitch and 16 times longer than reality.  The dime
lands 30 feet from the mic. 600kb download, 6khz/16 bit wave file
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/050617.wav

I do not have a clue how sensitive the current mkh-20 is up to 40,000
cycles and would be interested to learn that from someone who uses one
to record at either 96khz or 192khz.  I also do not have a clue how
sensitive these nice bat detectors are and what I am missing out on
other than range above 40,000 cycles of course. Any general opionion
would be appreciated.

Rich