Re: Digital recordings-Muir Woods June 12 and Intro

Subject: Re: Digital recordings-Muir Woods June 12 and Intro
From: "ospreypa" <>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 05:28:49 -0000
Good-day everyone,

To begin with I would like to apologize for the cross posting of the
message to Jim Mcdonald.

On to the intro.I have been lurking for quite sometime and have
learned a lot from this groups experiences. Due to being keyboard
challenged (one fingering it) I usually don't do to much emailing as
it takes me so long. Anyway I have met some who are on this list at
the oct/nov 2003 NSS workshop in Whiskeytown (one of the crazy
canucks). We really enjoyed the program and hope to get to another
one. My wife and I have been involved with nature for more than 25
years through camping, canoe tripping, photography etc. I am a
fitter/fabricator/welder with training in millwright, machining and
design. Back in 98 I started helping a friend in the development of
a microphone housing. By the spring of 2001 my wife and I were out
recording soundscapes and were bitten by the bug. Of course my goal,
and I have been accused of being a perfectionist, has been to record
soundscapes with as little introduced noise as possible. The
equipment we started out with was anything but quiet so I did a
redesign on my own and came up with the unit we have on our web
page. Hopefully if I post some audio clips you will give me some
constructive criticism on them.

Thanks again for all the great postings!

T.T.F.N.
Dean

--- In  "ospreypa" <>