Solar powered battery chargers

Subject: Solar powered battery chargers
From: David Shepherd <>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:25:59 +0200 (CEST)
Dear all

I am in the very early stages of planning for a project coming up next year=
.  I have little money so sorting out which will be best for recordings etc=
 is a problem.  Though I am slowly working through many of your emails rega=
rding microphone arrays, etc.  Thank you!

I am still keen to work with my MD recorder simply because of its portabili=
ty.  I'll be away from civilisation for some five weeks.  I have been think=
ing about the best way to keep my my MD going.  And came accross this http:=
//www.electricfenceonline.co.uk/ishop/1047/shopscr295.html
a solar powered battery charger.

I am wondering if any of you have used these in the field and how they fair=
ed?

Thanks

Best
David