RE: Fox

Subject: RE: Fox
From: "Gene Dorcas" <>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:09:56 -0500
We had a Red Fox appeared about 6 months ago that was quite vocal.
Unfortunately I didn't get a recording. It was on my son's horse farm in
Magnolia, TX. The fox had a den down by the nearby creek. The ground
surrounding the den was always covered with feathers from my neighbors hens
he was eating.

The strangest thing occurred. The fox and our German Shorthair (bird dog)
became friends and spent the day chasing each other all over the farm. At
night when the dog was sleeping inside the house the fox would sit just
outside the house and bark. We assume he wanted Boomer (the dog) to come ou=
and play.

About a month ago the fox disappeared.  I suspect the farmer down the road
was tired of losing his hens.

If he comes back or if we get another fox we'll make every effort to record=
.
The equipment is a NH900 and a pair of 183's

Gene