Re: Fwd: HiMD Mic preamp noise update

Subject: Re: Fwd: HiMD Mic preamp noise update
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 18:36:31 -0000
having seen some comparisons not directly posted here I know that not
to be the case and envy the pre that the 722 uses as it beats even the
 mp2.

keep in mind that rob pushes the equipment beyond what most would do.

and i still take exception to the tail posted here as that is what i
wish to do.  i shouldn't be discouraged, especially in this group. but
do what you do. my mic system can beat your mic system.

with time i can shoot this down but not when the birds are flying like
right now.

rich

--- In  Klas Strandberg
<> wrote:
> At 23:55 2005-05-04, you wrote:
> >I went down to fix dinner and realized that my logic is wrong about
> >being able to deduce any Mic Pre noise figure from the test. Sorry.
> >With the NT3, if the noise through the HiMD mic pre and the
> >workaround MP-2 is the same, what we're hearing is likely the noise
> >just from the NT-3.,..I have to go back to making dinner, but why
> >does the NT-4 through the workaround MP2 have less noise? Where would
> >the noise be coming if not from the HiMD mic pre?  Rob D
>

> How wonderful isn't it with people who has such a free-running brain
that
> it realized a previous error while fixing dinner....
>
> I still don't know for sure what is right and wrong in this topic,
but I
> hope that my brain will solve it while making dinner next time. Have to
> wash my car tomorrow. Perhaps then...?
>
> Until then I repeat: If you hear noise, you can never lower this
noise by
> using a preamp.
>
> Klas.
>

> >Rob D: wrote and realized soon afterwards,..

> > >m("s.../vwp2?.tok","//f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/rob_danielson");">http:

=bcmKTRVBNxZgHObW&.dir=/Tests&.dnm=CompareMiniDiscMicPreNoise.mov&.src=bc