deer recording technique

Subject: deer recording technique
From: "Fernando de Izuzquiza" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:00:38 -0000
Hi all,

I once tried to record deer calls at th eend of the season when only a few
animals were still
calling. They were quite far away and I observed the best was to hide the mics
in the forest
before night, but then I needed very long cables wich is not practical at all
in the forest. Th
eother idea (expensive) was to use digital wireless transmitters (Zaxcom
digital
wireless) from the mics but then yu can not readjust the input gain of the
transmitters
once hidden.
Any ideas for next September?
Thanks,