Whoo's this owl?-back east I have not heard Barred do that twirl-t=

Subject: Whoo's this owl?-back east I have not heard Barred do that twirl-t=
From: "Richard Lyttle" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:46:56 -0400
ype call.

http://www.rockscallop.org/ear/jh-050416-owl.mp3

--John Hartog

>From me, Rip Lyttle, back in Maryland.

Hey, I never ever heard that type of call back east, especially from Barred=
.
I've heard twirl like calls from owls but nothing that distinctive. That's =
fun clip!

They make that kindf of sound? Sounds more like the Screech owl family to
me.

what sounds does the famous owls of Oregon make, the Spotted owl?

Do they make that twirl sound, Barred Owls? I've never heard them utter
that.

Rip Lyttle