Re: Re: Call for Recordings: Nature/Other Sounds for Kerouac 'On the Roa

Subject: Re: Re: Call for Recordings: Nature/Other Sounds for Kerouac 'On the Road' Show
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:35:43 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/05 10:09:32 AM,  writes:

<< If there was anyone who should get his own stuff it would be this

project.  Just posting to every listserv known to man is spam and

nothing more.  Jim, just dump this lister from the group there is no

real person here just a add for please send me. >>

There IS a real person here. My name and address were in my post, and I'll
repeat them in this post.
And this IS a real project. Furthermore I am not asking for money, just a
ten-cent disc with some sounds on it. Although I am collecting as many sounds
as
I can on my own I am also inviting others to contribute, and to acknowledge
contributors, so that this becomes a public effort.  Am I sending calls to
other
groups? Yes. Why? Because this is the internet. This is a common practice
among artists and composers nowadays. It's called a "call for recordings" like
call for papers for a symposium.  I have had many positive responses from
people who are interested in the project, either through interest in Kerouac,
Cage, or simply in making recordings. No one is forced to share the sounds they
collect. But evidently there are many people who are pleased to do so.

Marc Thorman
Baruch College
Baruch Way
NYC 10010