Re: Call for Recordings: Nature/Other Sounds for Kerouac 'On the Road' S

Subject: Re: Call for Recordings: Nature/Other Sounds for Kerouac 'On the Road' Show
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:06:04 -0000
non-profit to us it is not non-profit for you.
If there was anyone who should get his own stuff it would be this
project.  Just posting to every listserv known to man is spam and
nothing more.  Jim, just dump this lister from the group there is no
real person here just a add for please send me.

Rich
--- In  "marcthor97"
<> wrote:

> [...]

> 14   moths smash at bulbs; smash on windshield;
> jungle-night bugs hurl themselves against bulbs;
> moths smash into arc-lights            15   flies flew 16   sheep
moil
> and raise dust below                  17   r oosters crow

> 18   pigeons yakking in street
>
> MAN-MADE SOUNDS
>
> Machines: telegraph clicks; whirring fan blades; phone rang;
> call (on phone); (in motel booth); (cab); (use phone); (call up );
> answer phone; slam phone down; punch timeclock;
> shove nickels in jukebox; ticking old clock; tick-tocking;
>  hum of hotel neon; throb of neons; slot machine
>  (throw half-dollar in); [slot mchine] counters click;
> Ferris wheel revolving; the great machine descending from the sky
>
> 2     (pop of) Roman candles          3       creak of old wood in
hotel;
> old house creaks             4        bottles roll on floor;
banging of beer
>  bottles; bottles breaking; bottles clanked;        5 restrain in
> chains;
> cut at bushes with machetes; gather dry fronds; light lamps
> 6     straighten papers; wash flapping; took shower; jump into
> ice cold showers; shave; wash (oneself) (in gas station's
> men's room ); (up); (hands);  take bath; sweep (floor)(up);
> plied broom; straighten out house; do/wash dishes; wipe glasses
> 7     ring /buzz doorbell; knock on door; knock on window;
> open window; shoot up the window; climb in window; climb
> thru window; scramble through window; fiddle with doorknobs;
> opendoor; slam door; hurl pumps at door' stagger  (through door);
>  lock door          8 light butt; lit pipe         9  balling; wild
> lovemaking;
> gun gals; make love                   10      raise flag on 60-foot
pole
> 11    tennis-playing; surf-riding; shoot pool; swimming; play
> basketball ; play softball; play baseball; play catch  ; dribble;
> bounce (basket)ball; horseriding......including dodging posts,
> hurling aruond houses, ...jumping over .. running over hills; crowd
> roared; kids played soccer; play cards with boys
> 12    harvesting; cottonpicking; grapepicking; haying; stoke ferry
> furnaces; work in mills (of Paterson); work on railroad' carpenters
> working; work at Firestone (tire factory) as mold man, curing
> recapped tires and hauling big hunnerd-fifty-pound tires from the
> floor to the top of the cars; work in car factories; work crops;
> pour draft beer; set up carnival; milk cows
> 13    drop pennies; throw money to attendant ; count cents
> 14    knit
> 15    tear at tee shirt ; boulder explodes; rubber tires blow up;
> break open the safe; riffle up the papers; kick over a few chairs;
> overturn glasses; burst like a boil; squirt water in the air;
> kids play cowboys & Indians; play cowboys in the dark; cast hot
tar;
> hammering, banging; kick pebbles; throw pebbles at
window

> 16    unfold roll of paper            17      write/wrote ; sign
(paper
> signing);
>  scribble                                 18  remove nails with
> hammerhook
> 19    throw knives; throw bones; throw stones over fence
> 20    type rapidly [on mAnuAl typewriter]
> 21    pull bottles out of soft-drink box
> 22    jump; (up & down); (into back seat); (up & down in stocking
feet);
> (on platform making it sag & squeak); (up); (in)
> 23    hop; (up  & down (on pavement)); (in chair convulsively);
leap;
>  (up); (out ); (out of bed)                24 run /ran; (off);
(out);
> (downstairs);
>  (around); (away); (like mad); (up the street); (around in a circle)
> 25    rush around; ( the ferry deck); rush out ; rush in; dash off;
> took a dash; dive over bushes; climb walls of canyon;
>  scramble down canyon walls
> 26    bounce; (kids on bed); (in our seats); (up and down)
> 27    wakl; ( off); (on sidewalk); ((thru) rickety streets of
Joliet );