Re: Daily digest available for naturerecordists yahoo group?

Subject: Re: Daily digest available for naturerecordists yahoo group?
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:34:30 -0500
Walt wrote:

> If you do go to digest, remember to edit the digest off your reply,
> quoting just what's appropriate. If you use auto quote, it will
> generally quote the entire digest. You will also have to copy the
> subject line into your browser's subject line. Otherwise it will say
> you are quoting the digest.

Amen, amen, amen...

Rob wrote:

> I hear you about the clutter but I find the downside with digests is
> that they are impractical for searching. Filtering the posts into
> mailboxes keeps the clutter down. I receive several lists that I=20
> glance through daily but I search these lists fairly often with
> questions that already been addressed. With digests, I have to search
> _within_ each "match" to if there's anything its relevant. I seldom do
> that. With individual posts the subect line shows for all of the=20
> individual emails that match making the whole process more productive.
> If you run behind on upgrades and the latest news like I do, you can
> avoid some of the frustration others have muddled through...

Good points Rob. I guess I'm considerably more primitive about e-mails
than you are -- especially with the lists I subscribe to. Digests
usually get read and deleted. But if one has something I want to
review, I usually drag the whole thing into a designated folder for
searching later. Threads on this list back in December and January
about the Shure 183s are a good example.

Speaking of the 183s, I've done a lot of experiments with those dandy
little mics. I've tried and abandoned probably a dozen or more arrays
during the last three months or so, and have temporarily settled on
something I like very much -- until I figure out how to improve it.
I'll post a few observations soon, along with some photos and audio
clips.

Curt Olson