Re: Digest Number 1700

Subject: Re: Digest Number 1700
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:03:31 -0400
>    From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
> Subject: Lake Delancy
>
> I had a brief time down in Florida last weekend and got to do some nice
> recordings, one sound I was particularly proud of was the Limpkin I found=
 at
> Lake Delancy (thank you Meena) what a great place to go and lots of good
> noises.
> This is a sample from Lake Delancy 1.59sec 1.85megs.
> http://www.naturesound.org/Sound%20Files/Sample%20recordings/Lake%20Delan=
cy.
> mp3
> If this link doesn't work, go to
> http://www.naturesound.org/world_sounds.htm
> and scroll to the bottom and click on "Lake Delancy"
> Recorded with Modified SASS Microphone using Sennheiser MKH-20's (Thank y=
ou
> Walt) onto Marantz PMD-670 recorder.
> Enjoy.....

Glad to see you are getting some use out of the SASS.

Pig Frogs (the spit call is theirs too, their territorial warning),
Southern Leopard Frogs, Southern Cricket Frogs. In the background
towards the end there are distant Barking Treefrogs. And I think I heard
one call from a Little Grass Frog, but not sure on that one. What's the
other call at about 50 seconds behind the Limpkin?

Can't say I've heard limpkin all that much, certainly not in combo with
the frogs.