Re: Charging Telinga with alkaline battery

Subject: Re: Charging Telinga with alkaline battery
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:44:44 +0530 (IST)
Thanks Klas. Will it be possible for you to put new battery in my telinga
handle? It will otherwise be very difficult to use in field conditions.
In this respect I find Telinga Pro 2 extremely reliable microphone which I
have used extensively in all kinds of field conditions and batteries last
several months.

Preatap Singh

> Yes, you can, but MAKE SURE that you fasten the battery to the output
> cable
> with a rubber band or similar.
> If you let the battery hung freely in the wires, the wires will collapse!
>
> The reason is probably that the internal accu is old and has a
> self-shortage.
>
> Batteries are a problem nowadays. I have seen 20 year old Telingas, still
> working with the original <a
href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=general%20electric";
onmouseover="window.status='General Electric'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">General Electric</a> Ni-Cad
cells.