Re: Re: Couple of X-Y questions

Subject: Re: Re: Couple of X-Y questions
From: Ken Durling <>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:24:14 -0800
Rich -

I am going to try it.  With a month left of good migration season, I want
to get going!  not that there's not plenty to record later, but with these=

huge numbers of creatures around right now, it's symphonic.

I'm inspired, as I've spent a good deal of time post-processing the
recordings I got Tuesday, with all their wind rumble.  Seemed like none of=

the EQ settings I had in Samplitude had quite enough kick to cut the low
freqs on those tapes - like max -20DB - but I have the trial vesrion of
Audition on another computer, and under "Scientific Filters' there's a
250hz low cut and in combination with a 50% normalize it got it sounding
good enough to give me a thrill.  I can hear artifacts from the wind rumble=

and one helicopter that flew by    ;-) , but I've gotten the S/N to where
it's really not bad.  Big fun!  So I'm inspired to get some cleaner
recordings now.

Attitude?  What attitude?

Ken