Re: Nature recording 101

Subject: Re: Nature recording 101
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:35:12 -0000
Speaking of homemade windscreens, here's an idea - at least for
small mics:

windscreen.JPG

The particular stainless steel tea infuser in the picture may be
kinda grungy from steeping a thousand cups of tea, but it is mine
and I like it and it is not for sale.
However, they can be purchased new - I found here in Portland OR at
a Japanese deli and kitchen supply store for $2.25 each.  I plan to
cover them with stretchy fabric or fake fur to use with my Shure
WL183s.
-John Hartog

--- In  Ken  Durling
<> wrote:
> That's great, Rich, thanks.  Since I am a person who likes to
tinker and
> build things, this will be fun.  I also tend to only fully believe
what I
> experience for myself, so all the different ideas here are great!=20
With all