Re: is PMD660 Mac-compatible?

Subject: Re: is PMD660 Mac-compatible?
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:39:11 -0000
--- In  "digidandy"
> ...I don't see any mention anywhere that
> [the Marantz PMD660] is Mac-compatible...

I can't say for sure about the PMD660, because it's not available in
stores yet, and the user guide is not available online.  However, the
manual for the PMD670 states, "I/O port.  Plug the supplied cable in
here and connect the other end to your computer (PC or Mac)." (p. 42)
The PMD670 documentation goes on to explain how all files on the
Compactflash card are visible to the PC or Mac.  So with a leap of
faith, I conclude that the PMD660 will also be Mac-compatible.

It's really more convenient to pop the Compactflash card out of the
PMD670 and insert it into a CF card reader attached to the Mac.  This
way you can start recharging your recorder batteries while
transferring the new recordings to your computer.=20

--oryoki