Re: parametric eq

Subject: Re: parametric eq
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:53:57 -0600
Syd Curtis <>

walt wrote:
>>The Q10 used to be near the top of the heap. Some of the newer stuff is
>>more capable now, but it still will do a excellent job.

There's an Electronic Musician article comparing EQ apps around a
year(?) ago that's a good read on this topic. I recently used good
ol' Q10 again on a project when Eqium wasn't available and I noticed
how much harder it was for me to locate dominate bandwidths using a
plus side, narrow Q, "sweep" in Q10.  Problem bands jump out faster
for me in Eqium.  Eqium offers 99 bands of parametric per plug with
less latency/band and less CPU usage. The developer has a 30 day,
free demo http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/eqium/  If there's
enough interest, we could ask the developer about a group buy
discount for naturerecordists.  If the advantages of  EQ haven't been
as apparent in Q10 as you hoped for, give the Eqium demo a try.
There's support for most OS's and hosts.  Best, Rob D.