MHK 800 samples

Subject: MHK 800 samples
From: "Po-Jen Chiang" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:21:16 -0500
Hi All,

As I mentioned before, I am posting some MKH800 M/S samples for your
reference. I tried to cut down the file size so that people with modem could
download more easily. They are PCM wav format and have sizes from 1MB to
about 4MB. Sorry about the short samples.

There will be five samples. MKH800 samples are all recorded in M/S using
cardioid/figure-8 combination with a Lunatec V3 in 24/96. All M/S recordings
are original and are not decoded to stereo. M is at left channel. S is at
right channel.
Some people may want to look at only the M channel.
Stereo could be further processed for stereo listening if you like. Only
Telinga sample is stereo recorded by a Telinga DATstereo mic with the dish.

Bat colony (hundreds) is at a palm tree top. I used a pole to raise my mics.
Distance
of mics to bats are about 2-3m. For comparison, I posted two samples. One is
by MKH800. The other is by Telinga Stereo mic with the dish.

Two shrew (Crocidura) species. Disctance of mics to shrew is within 1m.
Recorded with the help of a shrew biologist.

Frog sample, low freq stuff instead. Maybe people can have an idea of the
noise figure of MKH800 at high freq. They are Microhyla and Kaloula (just
one call).

Link:
http://www.quietamerican.org/download/dropbox/MKH-800/

Thank Aaron for generously hosting these files.

I welcome everyone's opinions.

Thanks a lot.

Po-Jen Chiang