Hard disk or Minidisc?

Subject: Hard disk or Minidisc?
From: "artistico7" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:05:08 -0000
As mentioned in an earlier post, I am looking at options for field
recording equipment. Looking around a bit, I found that besides the
new Sony 1Gb Minidisc system, the iRiver Hard drive audio systems
and the 60 and 80 gigabyte Neuros seems to offer non-compression
wave recording.

Have anyone tried one or - even better - all three of these
possibilities and might offer some insights into which is better?
For convenience, the hard disk recorders sounds like the best
options, but of course there is the question of sound quality. I
haven't found any data on this yet, but assume that they perhaps
offer typical 16 bit 44.1KHz recording to Wav?