Re: Welcome to Don Kroodsma!

Subject: Re: Welcome to Don Kroodsma!
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:54:19 -0400
Yo Don!

Lang

Hi all,

Our group has just gained a valuable new member in Don Kroodsma.

Don recently retired from the UMass Biology Department, where he researched
avian communication. His books include
"<http://www.naturesound.com/kroods/kroods.html>Surfing the Dawn", which
inspired a project by the Nature Recordists group to record the dawn chorus
from around the world a few years back.

Other books by Don include
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form//exec/obidos/tg/detail
/-/0801430496/qid=1097943574/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-0873951-0202454?v=glance&
s=books>Ecology
and Evolution of Acoustic Communication in Birds ,
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form//exec/obidos/tg/detail
/-/0124268005/qid=1097943574/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/002-0873951-0202454?v=glance&
s=books>Acoustic
Communication in Birds  and many others, and he has contributed to every
imaginable publication on bird bioacoustics and communication.

Welcome, Don, we are proud to have you amongst us, and I know we all look
forward to absorbing a tiny bit of what you know!

Doug

Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA
Moderator