Re: Recording with Audition

Subject: Re: Recording with Audition
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:39:48 -0000
Every MD I have played with has a Line Out function although some
have a program function to switch the headphone out to line out.
If yours does not then I would still try it using the headphone out
and just set the output levels by hand not to go over -3db.

All sound cards were not created equal but what Rob says is right.=20
My newer Toshiba laptop has a good enough d/a converter that I do not
even use an external converter for presentations in large rooms.  In
checking I am able to get 0 to -80 db which is about the limit of my
listening room right now anyway.  Because there is so much difference
in the outputs and inputs of various MD's and soundcards you are
stuck just playing until you find the connection that works with what
you have and search for "stuff" when you find gaps.

In regards to transfer with Audition.  The best thing to watch in
audition when recording, if you have a fast enough computer, is to
have the frequency analysis opened during record so that you can see
the levels, floor, and ceiling all at the same time.

Rich

--- In  "1GDW" <> wrote:
> I recently posted that I was shopping for an external A-D
converter,