Re: British Bird Songs

Subject: Re: British Bird Songs
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:06:44 -0400
Everyone:

I was just contacted by Anne Curtis of England who needs some local bird
recordings for her CD-ROM productions. A copy of her e-mail is included
below and her e-mail address is:

Please contact her if you think you can help.

Lang

Hello there,

I am a small publisher (only me and a free lance illustrator and
designer at the moment!) of  education materials to support teaching
and learning in schools.

The materials I publish (first on to be available in October) are in CD
rom format. They take an illustrated tale or poem  and explore the
central theme across the curriculum with music art etc.

I am presently working on The Red Queens Daughter ... inspired by the
flamingo in Alice in Wonderland. The teachers support materials will
explore the wonderful theme of birds.
  I have written a number of bird poems - blackbird, a flamingo and a
song thrush as part of the learning materials.

I am interested in encouraging children to explore how they might
record bird song in 'words'..... tsweet etc. I think it would be great
to have some real bird song for the children to listen to as many of
our city children will have never had the joy of listening to birds
singing.
i tried recording the beautiful repetitive song of a song thrush when I
was in scotland recently but my recording is 'a pile of pants' ... as
children here would say!!!!!

Would it be possible for me to negotiate use of a few of your
recordings and if yes could you please give me some idea of costs.

I will be selling my materials to schools under license for school use.

I was thinking of a song thrush, a blackbird, a heron, a flamingo, a
wren, a seagull ... as these link directly to poems I have written.

A robin and a crow might be nice too!

Just short samples would be fine - enough for children to begin to
recognise different songs and sounds. (Is this too vague?)
Mp3 files should be fine.

Please let me know your costs. (I will also send a you copy of the CD
rom 'book' when it is finished if you are interested?)

Kind regards,

Anne

Kindest regards Anne Curtis, Shoo Fly Publishing, 40 The Hawthorns East
Boldon England NE36 0DP