Re: new battery options for the HHB Portadisc

Subject: Re: new battery options for the HHB Portadisc
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:45:11 -0400
From: "Bill Rankin" <>

> For all Portadisk users in the group.I came across this press release on the
> Sennheiser USA site
>
> HHB have released a new battery pack and charger for the Portadisk.
>

> http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/newspage.asp?transid=2861&transid0=001

At a 3 1/2 hour run time, it's not quite as much time as can be obtained
with individual AA's. It's basically a pac of 8 AA's encapsulated. With
thermal sensors for fast charging.

I can get more capacity and faster charging with my system. And can buy
more capacity and fast chargers cheaper.

I can see where there is a convenience factor. The pac will withstand
rough treatment better than the caddy. I've had to plastic weld both my
caddies a few times where they developed cracks. And not too bright ENG
folks will be less likely to confuse things.