Re: Crown SASS-P MKII

Subject: Re: Crown SASS-P MKII
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:07:30 -0000
--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> I have a unmodified Crown SASS-P MKII that sees very little use. In
> comparison to the modified SASS, it's got much more mic self noise,
and
> is not as sensitive. 20.5 dBA self noise, 6 mV/Pa sensitivity is
Crown's
> specs.

Lets see, Crown states a 20.5 db self noise and a max spl of 150db in
their specs.  Does this suppose to mean that this mic can handle a
range of 130db?  If I am reading this right I cry fowl.

In my recordings thunder with it I do believe the 150db max spl
figure, just don't believe the 20.5 noise figure.

Stock it is pretty dead in the sensitivity department.

Rich