Are their folks on this list who have experience taping cougars, b=

Subject: Are their folks on this list who have experience taping cougars, b=
From: "Richard Lyttle" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:16:52 -0400
obcats? Can I speak or email...File here.

Martyn, Walter, Wil, others?

Several cougars (with young) have been spotted during the last 3 years in
the Green Ridge State Forest-western Maryland and I really need to find an
expert in wild cat sounds if there is one on this list.

I want to differentiate between bobcat, cougar, and lynx sounds-wise and se=
if a group member has experience taping these to compare notes with.
Porcupine sounds are also possible up there as they have been seen for the
last 10 years.

I have heard tremendous screams, roars, whines, howls, chatters, talking in
my time (and taped) and specialize in remote area night-time audio-taping.

Only one person weighed in on my interesting cat sound I caught up there at
2am.

Enough technobabble, what about this sound? Anybody heard it before? Just a
Bobcat? Cougar?

>  http://www.donweiser.com/shortcatscream.MP3    (Thanks again Don!)

Rip Lyttle
Night-time wilderness audio taper.