re: favorite equipment

Subject: re: favorite equipment
From: "su anderson" <>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:12:43 -0000
sony mz-r50 walkman recorder
sennheiser me-62 omni mic. I really like this microphone stand alone
   or in the telinga dish when I want long, mono recordings.  One day
   I'll get another to use as a stereo pair.
sony ecm-ms957 stereo mic
telinga dish with universal handle
2 shure wl-183 omni lavalier mics wired to a stereo miniplug.
   These mics are fastened to either side of a plastic cat food can
   lid (ala Lang's telinga stereo setup) and sandwiched inside of a
   3 inch wire mesh "herb ball" wind screen, covered with fake fur,
   attached to a pvc tube handle.  I use it either stand alone or in
   the telinga dish.  This is my favorite at the moment.  Much quieter
   than the sony stereo mic and easier to use in the dish. Initially
   I used these in a binaural ear muff setup but find I really prefer
   this stereo arrangement.
su anderson in marin, ca