Re: [Hydrophone recording in Hawaii (was: Best...)

Subject: Re: [Hydrophone recording in Hawaii (was: Best...)
From: "fieldrecordist" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:06:46 -0000
Hi Walt, Dave
 Thanks for theinfo. I actually ended up ordering a hydrophone from
dolphinear.com  Its pretty reasonably priced. The only thing I am
worried about is the fact that its basically a contact mic, and those
have such a limited sound quality-at least the ones I have made. It
seems like most of the hydrophones are contact mics, except for some
which I couldnt exactly place as far as type of mic, but they were
really expensive anyway.
 The cable I got is 20 meters, so I may not make it past the snapping
shrimp, although I dont mind that sound, actually
 Ill report on the mic after I try it out. I should be getting it in
the next five days or so
 Thanks!!