Re: Hydrophones

Subject: Re: Hydrophones
From: "fieldrecordist" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:21:18 -0000
Hi John
 I just ordered one of these. How is the sound quality?
 Thanks
 liv

--- In  "John B Owens"
<> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Just a 1 cent note from a beginner.
>
> I have been using a DolphinEar hydrophone to record (analog casette)
fish calls etc in local waters.

> The recordings are computerized and edited with Goldwave software
and finally placed on CD (when it is working).

> The recordings are a preliminary study of the habitat fish
populations at various locations. The intitial recording were
presentated in a Master Naturalist program and may lead to a more
extensive survey of an Aquatic preserve.

> In addition, a friend of mine who is a marine biologist, is
intereted in using this type of study to predict and/or document
impacts of natural or man made alterations to the habitats.

> At this time I have to fit my interests around my "real" job. But, I
may be retireing in the near future and thus have more time for these
interests.

> I will have to upgrade my "Kit" on a very limited budget.
>
> Anyway I am having fun.
>
> JBO

http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/defau
lt.asp