unknown song - Vesper Sparrow?

Subject: unknown song - Vesper Sparrow?
From: "Greg Kunkel" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:39:33 -0000
 When I heard the song I thought Song Sparrow, but the song went on
and on. I had never heard this song before but I had seen a sparrow
at the base of the mountain that I tentatively identified as a Vesper
Sparrow. Conditions were close to ideal and I made about 3 minutes
of  video and stereo sound recording.

On getting home and transferring it to my computer I found that the
left channel was the one with most clarity so I reduced the recording
to mono using that channel. I also filtered out some of the low
frequency wind in the trees noise. This is only about 10 seconds of
this recording.

In going through commercial recordings it seems to be closest to
Vesper but different in detail. Can anybody tell me if it is a Vesper
Sparrow?

http://gk.akwebb.net/birds/sparrow/sparrow.html

Greg Kunkel