Re: Filename Limitations

Subject: Re: Filename Limitations
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 13:10:23 -0400
To All:

Can someone on the group explain to me the pros and cons of using long
filenames? What are practical limits these days? I notice some restrictions
depending on software used. For instance, PEAK for Mac only allows for a
maximum of 32 characters in a filename. ProTools is limited to 31
characters, I believe.

I suppose it's always a good idea to include the file type designation, suc=
as .aif, .wav, etc. Right?

Lang