Cool Edit Problems

Subject: Cool Edit Problems
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 01:26:34 EDT
Dear Cool Edit Experts,

I think I should have stayed in India because ever  since I came back
everything electronically in my recording aspirations has hit a snag. My la=
test
problem is that my Cool Edit Pro 2.1 will not open or save to wave files. T=
he only
choice it gives me is "Extract Audio From Video" and these are, I guess AVI=

Video (*.avi) files. I have no idea why the program started doing this and =
have
no idea how to make it go back to opening and saving things in WAVE format.=
just installed a new sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (I know all the =
bad
things about Sound Blaster, but my old one worked so well until the coax
input connection broke, and I got tired of fighting with my LLynx soundcard=
) and
all seems to work well both from an optical and coax input. I just can't fi=
gure
out what why I can't open or save to wave files in Cool edit.

Any ideas will be most appreciated as I am about ready to purchase the Adob=
upgrade just so I can get some technical help.

My frustrated best,

John
John V. Moore Nature Recordings