Re: Surround WMA

Subject: Re: Surround WMA
From: "Greg Weddig" <>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:50:36 -0000
Thanks for the info Rob, wma stands for (I believe) Windows media
audio, as opposed to wmv.  It is basically 5 wav files encoded into a
single windows media file which is microsoft's answer to the mp3.

To be honest, I am a die hard Netscape user and the same thing happens
when I try to open the link with Netscape.  Try opening it in Internet
Explorer, it works there for me.  The other option is to dowload the
file and play it from there.  Clearly my HTML skills need to be more
advanced.

I'm not sure if there is a Windows Media Player for Mac or not.

--greg

--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:
> At 5:18 AM +0000 5/12/04, Greg Weddig wrote:
> >For those of you who have the hardware I have posted a small Windows
> >Media 9 file on my website that is a surround piece.  I would be
> >interested in how well it plays back on other systems, mac/pc/IE/
> >Netscape, etc.  You can let me know off-list so as not to tie up
> >bandwidth and I'll post a report if anyone is interested.

[SNIP]