RE: Corncrake

Subject: RE: Corncrake
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:47:08 -0700
You really do have to worry about the quality of the recording to some
extent because you will need to read your information in the form of a
sonogram, the clearer the recording, the clearer the picture so to say!
I would start off with something directional, maybe a shotgun mic, there ar=
expensive mics out there but there is also the Audio Technica for good
quality low noise, these mics are relatively cheap compared to the
Sennheiser. I would look at the AT897 short shotgun. $287 cheapest found
here...
http://www.equipmentemporium.com/new_at897_shotgun.htm
This has its own power source, AA Batteries and phantom power.

Look at a minidisk, maybe a sharp or a Sony on eBay and you are rolling!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3D15056&item=3D30928=
44865
&rd=3D1

Regards

Martyn :)

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org
N47.65543   W121.98428
Redmond. Washington. USA
Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!

When the animals come to us,
Asking for our help,
Will we know what they are saying?

When the plants speak to us
In their delicate, beautiful language,
Will we be able to answer them?

When the planet herself
Sings to us in our dreams,
Will we be able to wake ourselves, and act?

                               -Gary Lawless