RE: A few more recordings online... Magpie, Nuthatch...

Subject: RE: A few more recordings online... Magpie, Nuthatch...
From: "Dominique Laloux" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:07:36 +0200
Thanks for your good comments, Jim.

Our european Nuthatch is Sitta europaea.
My office is located just at the hedge of what remains of the original
forest that covered a large area of Belgium (a long time ago!). About
4,300 ha are left today, just South-East of Brussels. So, no, that is
not what I would call a quiet area, but it can be sufficiently quiet on
Sundays, at dawn. Depending on the wind, it can also be acceptable on
work days around noon. Which is great for me as I always have a
Portadisc and a mic with me at the office. So, when time and weather
permit, I spend my lunch hour in the forest...

The Nuthatch recording (http://www.soundsnatural.be/index.php?r=3D112) is
in fact filtered -- very lightly -- using the fft tool provided in
Audition. I often start with the preset "Remove traffic noise" that I
modify according to the needs.

DL