Re: File Conversion

Subject: Re: File Conversion
From: "birderjuke" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:54:43 -0000
Thanks to Chuck and Dominique for the info.  I downloaded dBpowerAMP,
and found it very easy to use.  Unless there's more here than meets
the eye, it includes the Lame codec for MP3.

Julian

--- In  Charles Bragg
<> wrote:
> At 08:03 PM 4/18/04 +0000, Juan wrote:
>
> >I'm a beginner.  Short of buying Adobe Audition or a similar
program,
> >how does one convert uncompressed .wav files to other formats such
as
> >MP3?
>
>         I recommend (and use) dbPoweramp Music Convertor (DMC)
<www.dBpowerAMP.com>  It's freeware, it's simple, and you can convert
almost any type of audio file to another. Read the pages carefully -
you will need several *.dll files (sometimes referred to as 'codecs')
to accomodate the different formats. Some are included with DMC, but
the LAME codec is not, and most people consider it the best for MP3.
It's free too.