RE: Are Anti-Piracy Laws Getting Out of Hand? (was TEST)

Subject: RE: Are Anti-Piracy Laws Getting Out of Hand? (was TEST)
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:07:04 -0700
Get used to it.  Big guys do what they want - the best government money can
buy.  The politicians raid the taxpayers money to channel to friends so they
get big contributions to pay for TV adds to get reelected.  It looks like
the constitution and bill of rights as far as I can tell is being shredded,
the Geneva Convention is out the window as well as  a lot of other
international law but I am ignorant because I do not watch Fox Headline
News.    What is a little raid on your home.  The recording industry is
getting the government it paid for.  That is the way things work now.

I am a US citizen living in Canada.  Here everybody pays a 10 percent (I
think) tax on every blank tape or CD blank (even though almost all are used
for data storage) we buy to go back to these poor guys who are pirated (of
course I cannot apply for a refund of any kind on even the ones I use to
create my bird CDs - I am not an artist)  The Liberal Government under
Cretian gave out about several hundred million dollars of unaccounted money
funneled through various crown corporations.  Our Alberta Conservative
Primere Klein and the feds gave almost half a billion dollars to "help the
farmers" through the mad cow crisis to mega US packing companies - the
farmers saw none of that but I am sure in the upcomming provincial election
people will get to see more of our premier on TV because of it.  See our
politicians are learning - not on as grand a scale yet but you have to start
someplace.

How do you convince most people to respect the rights of others when theirs
are being stomped on?  How do people raise kids not to steal when they see
legal stealing going on daily.  How do people raise our kids to respect
copyrights when every CD they buy for computer work they must pay for
pirating by others?

And sorry Lang and Kevin I have some of your recordings on this computer to
flip them up for quick comparison and sonograms. Better call the vice squad
and come after this old grannie
 (I own two copies of Kevins Western Guide and two of Langs Eastern Guide so
hope my use on the computer is at least semi legit)

Barb Beck

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada