RE: HTML ADDS coming through even when settings are correct

Subject: RE: HTML ADDS coming through even when settings are correct
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:11:56 -0700
Doug,

      1 <no description>                            [multipa/alternativ,
7bit, 2.7K]
            2 tq><no description>                       [text/plain, 7bit,
us-ascii, 0.7K]
            3 mq><no description>                        [text/html, 7bit,
US-ASCII, 1.7K]

Above are the three parts of your message off my server.  I get the message=
from yahoo in plain text.  Part 1 is the main message =96 the other two are
attachments.  This crap did not come in when attachments were not allowed.

Notice the size of the message has been almost doubled to people like Vicky
and Klaus who are on phone lines and paying by the amount of stuff they pul=
in.

Please answer this question:  Why are we not using the group web page which
Yahoo provides to upload files to make them available to all.  It is quick
and easy

In my mailer that I normally use there is no way to turn off the
executables.  If is ssh to the Open BSD server and fight with unix and a
real crummy mail program I can do everything in plain text and no
attachments appear.  This is not a viable option for a lot of people. And i=
still uses almost twice the bandwidth of the way things were before
attachments are allowed

Barb

Doug Von Gausig
Digitally Recorded Birds Sounds at: