Re: Digest Number 1309

Subject: Re: Digest Number 1309
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 00:44:07 -0500
> Subject: No More attachments allowed
>
> There, no more attachments.
>
> I had obviously misjudged the flexibility of the group, and I apologize. I
> belong to several other Yahoo Groups (such as some photography groups)
> that allow attachments and they have none of the problems that our members
> seem to have. I have, nonetheless, reset the options for the group so that
> nobody can post attachments. If you still have some of the problems,
> Vicky, Syd and Barb, that you attributed to attachments please let me
> know.

I belong to several groups that share photos via attachment, but that's
their main purpose. Everyone in such groups expects the big attachments
and lives with the odd manner yahoo uses.

Yahoo's attachment system only passes the attachment through at the time
it's posted, does not save it anywhere. And it only goes to those on
direct email. Thus the inability for digest or web reading folks to get
it at all. Always annoyed me on the groups where it's done as I have to
remember to save anything I want before deleting the email. And I can
only set the groups to individual emails.