Slightly OT: help w/.mp3 playback

Subject: Slightly OT: help w/.mp3 playback
From: "thxdave" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:58:57 -0000
Hi all,
Been lurking here almost since I joined, but I'm always amazed by the
depth
of info available. I need some help with my browser helper files (on
two Macs
running IE 5.2.3, OS X) because I have somehow broken my ability to
play
back .mp3 files on both my desktop and on my Powerbook. When I click
on
Walt's (or anybody's) .mp3 files, I'll see the progress bar at the
bottom right
move about 1/2 way across, then stop....then nothing. I've been
digging
through my browser's Helper Files configs trying to spot something
amiss, but
to no avail. I also thought that maybe I was downloading them to some
"mystery" folder on my HD, but I don't think that's the case either.

Can somebody help me offlist? I've been fighting with this thing for
a few
months now and my PC is the only thing that works correctly (I threw
that in for
the Mac faithful!! ;-)

Best to all,
Dave Morrison