Re: Cool Edit etc.

Subject: Re: Cool Edit etc.
From: "Daniel De Granville" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:40:21 -0000
Thanks, Marty, Rich, Walt, Vicky and everyone else.

I guess that Walt got to the specific point that I was looking for.
As far as I=B4ve studied CEP, I noticed that there are basically two
filters to help on reducing background hiss: "hiss reduction"
and "noise reduction". So far, it seems to me that the latter is
more efficient on keeping the target sound and cleaning undesired
hiss. However, I keep on having this feeling that the sounds as a
whole becomes a bit too "metalic". The target bird call not so much,
but the background - besides decreasing - becomes kind of muffled
and... metalic (as the sound inside a tin can).

As to Rich=B4s question regarding my sound card: nope, mine is onboard
and does not allow vol. control...

Walt, I sure appreciate your useful tips, and will try them out
ASAP. Some great Great Horned Owls at the Lodge's garden last night.
Some great Crested Oropendolas and Southern Screamers and Thrush-
like Wrens the morning before. I'll try CEP filters on those!!

Marty, the Hyacinths are doing just fine. The Hyacinth Macaw
Project's coordinator is here since yesterday. This lodge that I
work at belongs to the University that she is associated with.

All the best,

Daniel De Granville
Pantanal, Brazil