First post & West Midlands region, UK, recordings.

Subject: First post & West Midlands region, UK, recordings.
From: Andy Mabbett <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:28:10 +0000
Hello,

This is my first post to the group, so a few words about me.

I'm a relatively novice birder, having only started to take an interest
four years ago.

I don't make sound recordings, but I am interested in listening to
ambient recordings, and radio documentaries about birds, other wildlife
and general environmental issues. I'm addicted to BBC Radio 4's wildlife
programmes, many of which allow you to you "listen again" online:

        <http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/atoz/>

I'm a trustee of the West Midland Bird Club, in England, and manage its
website:

        <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/>

where I have reviewed some bird song/ ambient CDs.

That site has a gallery of pictures, kindly donated by our members and
others in the area; and we would be delighted if anyone has a few short
sound clips recorded in our area of interest (four English counties of
Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and the Metropolitan West
Midlands) which we could use as well, in similar style.

--
Andy Mabbett

Birmingham, UK : Vice-county = 39 (Staffordshire!)

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:26:32 2005
Message: 1