RE: Re: Sandhill Cranes

Subject: RE: Re: Sandhill Cranes
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:45:30 -0800
So you mean I have to go to Duluth now too!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the excellent Aleutian goose fest last year to see the migration
of the geese, just wonderful and as Bernie say's you are documenting histor=
here with recordings, pictures etc, what a world to be in without!
The Whoopers numbers are up and down, one biologist said 200 another 168,
they got reports that 4 had left the colony in Texas and must have headed
north, trouble is with so short a number, you can't risk putting tracking
devices on them, I do worry about the farmers though, apparently they shoot
them, illegal of course, they do not want them on their land, worrying abou=
the endangered species act disturbing their livelihood!!!!!!!!

Martyn

BTW Rich, nice recording of your Sandhills.......

Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org
Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat