Sandhill Cranes

Subject: Sandhill Cranes
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:35:58 -0800
Amazing sight, just bloody wonderful! I have never seen so many cranes in
one place, this is to die for and if you ever wanted to record a species,
this is the one, GUARENNTED to get over 500.000 cranes in an 80 mile
stretch!!!!!!!! I got some great recordings for which I will sort out and
put up, I spent a morning and a night in a blind with maybe 40.000 birds
screaming the house down, juvenile and adult voices; the juveniles were jus=
about having their balls drop into adulthood :-)

Some nice places in Nebraska to record and I think maybe one of the quieter
places (no human pollution) certainly early morning anyway!

I stayed around Grand Island and there were plenty of places to get away
from the I-80, but man, what about those bloody ticks!!!!!!!!!

I got back and had a shower the first day and the wife went bonkers, in fac=
she put everything into the washing machine when we got home at 1:00am this
morning!

Paranoid or what!!!!!!

No Whooping Cranes :-( apparently they are still down in Texas, do you know
there are only 198 left!!! (Migrating whooping cranes)

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

http://www.naturesound.org

Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat