Re: Databasing...[OT Logic]

Subject: Re: Databasing...[OT Logic]
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:04:11 -0600
At 4:19 PM +0000 3/31/04, Rich Peet wrote:
>It is not easy to migrate from Cooledit to Logic....snip...
>I guess upgrading is not available for me in the PC world and I would
>not consider that anyway until the entire laptop computer is upgraded.

Logic for PC goes through  v5.5.1 and the later version has
automation for VST plugs and several additions to surround.   An
extra 256 mb of ram just to run Logic isn't overkill.  I agree that
266Mhz is at the bottom end for supporting plugs in post but Equium
runs under Windows and is not CPU intensive. I bet your laptop could
carry 4 channels of equiium at 24 bits, maybe six.  Firium is very
CPU intensive but its more of a 2 ch mastering type plug. Rob D.